Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some Photos






Here are photos of Santi, our very first patient who was almost totally blind from cataracts. She can see quite well now. Then I have a shot of a baby girl pre and post cleft repair. The woman with burns is in her 20's and the burns are over a year old and still healing. So far we haven't found an avenue to help her, but I will contact Dereset International to see if they can help. The palates of supplies are just a portion of the 19 palates LDS Humanitarian Services donated to this mission. And finally I've included a copy of our dental offices in the field. The person is having a tooth pulled. Amy, want a job?

This has been an unexpressibly moving experience - many tender feelings. We feel privileged to be here even though our good works are just a drop in the sea. I feel God's love for his children wherever they are in the world.

As wonderful an experience it is, we are looking forward to our return home to family - and the blessing to be spouses again! Just 5 more days - but who's counting?

1 comment:

Brian and Janette said...

That picture of the burn victim just makes me want to cry, but then I see the picture of the sweet baby and the little girl with glasses and I can't help but feel happy. I'm sure this experience has been moving beyond words...can't wait to hear more about it in 5 days...and I'm definitely counting!!!