Friday, January 7, 2011

Chain Saw Massacre - AND MESS!





























We are doing some remodeling and our house is a bit torn up at present. Here are some pictures of a wall that has undergone some changes. The top photos are what it looks like now after I took the chain saw to it. Man, did it make a mess! It took me about 30 minutes to cut it off and then I spent the next 3 hours vacuuming and dusting - and it's still dusty. The bottom photos show the original shape when built in 1984 and the middle one shows how we made it kind of southwesternish in about 2003. Mike wants to take it all the way down and surround the stairs with only railings. I'm not too sure about that. What do you think?










2 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

I think the fact that you took a chainsaw to that wall is hilarious! I like the idea of leaving some wall for simplicity sake and for some picture space. But, it does seem a little high still...if you are going for opening the room up a little more. But ultimately...it's whatever the two of you want.

AZ Wrights said...

You are hilarious. Talk about doing it yourself! It's interesting to see the wall evolve over the years. Can't wait to see the continuing progress. Keep posting pictures for us.